About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fishing Lake Williams June 4 2010


On Friday afternoon I went to Lake Williams. At the dam there is a bench placed as a memorial to an 18 year old named Matthew Kanter. As usual the fishing doesn't get good until I got to the northern end of the lake. I fished the west shore to ovoid the wind and to stay away from the water skiers as much as possible. I caught one fish opposite the campground and only two more before I got to the lily pads. The lily pads were full of fish and my new weedless technique worked well. All the bass and pickerel were 10-13" long, but you should have seen the one that got away. I hooked a 3-4 pounder that took me for a ride in the lily pads for about 2 minutes before he threw the hook. By 7:30 I had caught and released 12 more fish and decided to cross over to the west shore. There were a couple of aggressive fish in the middle of the lake that I caught. By the north end of the big island there is a small patch of lily pad and there we some bass jumping out of the water trying to catch flies coming off the water and the dragon flies cruising by. I took the weedless rig off one of the poles and put a green Senko on. The first cast on the edge of the pads was snatched by a 15" largemouth. My next cast caught another the same size. After a couple more casts I saw a big on on the far side of the lily pads jump out of the water chasing a fly. After getting in position the next cast on the edge only sank about 3 seconds before the line started moving into the pads. I set the hook and caught another 15 incher. By this time it was 8:15 and I started fishing my way back to the dam. Within 10 minutes I caught my 20th fish and stopped fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment