About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fishing Amston Lake June 2 2010


After catching 6 fish at Gardner Lake on Monday I needed a boost, so I went to Amston Lake. The night before I decided it was time to cut back on all the excess plastic bait I have. I threw out a bunch of stuff that I wasn't going to use and put some aside to try one more time before getting rid of them. I like to change up my bait and fishing style once in a while, especially when I feel like I'm depending too much on one style or pattern too much. So on this day I put away my grubs and senkos and went with Zoom's Chartreuse worm, Berkley's Swirl tail and Ribbon tail. The results of the day were pretty good. I caught 16 fish including bass, pickerel, perch and crappie. I don't know if was related to the different bait and patterns, but a lot of the fish were caught in places where I haven't caught fish before. There is a concept in this that will require more thought. The biggest fish was a 21" pickerel caught on the red swirl tail. The next time I go out I will try these baits and patterns to see if this is a fluke, or a lesson to be learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment