About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Uncas Lake and Norwich Pond August 12th

I took some time off on Wedneday, the 12th and went to Uncas Pond and Norwich Lake. I fished Uncas Pond from 5:30 to 11:30 had some lunch and then fished Norwich Pond. For the amount of time I spent there I did not catch many fish. At Uncas I caught 5 small bass from 5 - 9 " long. This seems to be a "no Senko zone". I have never caught a fish at these 2 lakes with a Yamamoto Senko. I tried everything in the boat and the only thing that worked was the Zoom U-Tail.

Norwich pond only gave up 4 fish but they were all bigger. I hooked a big 4+ pounder and the first thing he did was to go under a submerged log and hide in the lilly pads. I had to hold the pole with one hand, try to paddle the kayak with the other hand. I managed to paddle the kayak around the log and keep tension on the line long enough to catch the fish. It was 21" long with a girth of 12". That fish made my day and made the whole trip worthwhile. The other 3 bass were 13 - 15" long.


This house is for sale at Uncas Lake. Let me know if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment