About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bass Fishing Lake Haywood August 1st

Saturday, August 1st I fished Lake Haywood in Colchester, CT. The boat launch is half a lake away from where the fish are, but at least we can get on the lake. It is very clean and quiet. No gas powered engines allowed on the lake. I usually don’t catch many fish here, and today was no exception. I only caught 6 bass. Four of them were in the 13- 15” range; the other two were 4” and 6” long. I went there for a change of pace and to try out some deep water fishing. All the fish I caught were in shallow (8 -12 feet) water, but I did spend some time in the deep water. I had two hits and actually had a fish on for about 5 seconds. I might actually learn how to catch them in deep water someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment