About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fishing Gardner Lake and Pickerel Lake May 28 2010



I haven't fished Gardner Lake in a couple of years. The old boat launch area is not set up for a kayaker. I'm afraid that if I put my boat in the water that it will be gone when I get back from the parking area. The fishing wasn't too good either. I think the most I caught in a day was 2 fish. One day while touring houses with my office I drove by a remote corner of the lake with a dam. It looked real interesting som I went back a couple week later to look it over. It turns out to be a good place to put a kayak in the water and fish the other part of Gardner Lake. This part of the lake is not as deep as the other half. On the 28th I spent half the day paddling around this half of the lake. I was more interested in learning water depths, weed beds and what color combinnations the fish liked that seriously fishing. I was able to catch 11 pickerel and bass. None of them were very big. Around noon I went home, had lunch and a nap.

At 4pm I decided to take a trip to Pickerel Lake. By this time th wind was blowing pretty good, about 10-15mph. Fishing was slow and by 8pm I had only caught 4 fish. As the sun went down the fishing got better. In the next 45 minutes I caught 7 more pickerel and bass. By time it was very dark and I stopped fishing when I realized that I did not want to take a hook out of a pickerel in the dark! My total for the day was 23 fish. Almost all of them were caught on some combination of a jig or weed less hooked plastic worm/grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment