About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Monday, May 3, 2010

Amston Lake May 2 2010


After a week of chasing turkeys in the Berkshires with my dad, I got a chance to fish on Sunday afternoon. Not want to take a chance on not being to find any parking I went to Amston Lake. The wind was high (10-20mph) on the lake but the weather was warm and sunny. At one point I had to paddle across the lake to get to the lee shore. My Wilderness Pungo is very stable and made the trip without trouble.

I hit a few hot spots and ended up catching 20 small fish, mostly pickerel. This is the first time I've caught crappie there. Jigging soft plastic works well, but I am really looking forward to dropping some senkos if and when the wind stops blowing. Hopefully I can get ahold of some of the big bass hiding out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment