About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Monday, July 6, 2009

Lake WIlliams July 5th

I got up early and arrived at Lake Williams before sunrise. The fishing was good and I caught 10 bass within an hour. I caught them on a Yamamoto Kut Tail Worm and a Yamamoto Senko. All the fish were 11-13” long and things were looking real good. Then the wind started blowing 10-15mph and the fishing got bad. I didn’t catch another fish for 3 hours. Even when I got behind an island and out of the wind I didn’t catch anything. I did get a couple of bites but I caught nothing else.

The low point of the day came when I did get 2 bites in one spot. I got set up, dropped my anchor and got a new worm on. Just as I was going to cast a couple of guys in a bass boat cruised right over the spot where the fish were. This is the second time this year at this lake, that someone in a boat drives their boat within 20 yards of me right where I’m casting my line. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just kayaker’s that get no respect?

No comments:

Post a Comment