About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fishing Red Cedar Lake Lebanon CT


Red Cedar Lake (Lebanon, CT) was good to me today! I started fishing around 5:15 and had 20 fish by 7:50am. As usual, I was fishing 2 poles. One had a Yamamoto grub and the other had a black/blue laminate senko. I had the grub on a 1/8oz jig. I would throw it out, let it sink and then slowly retrieve it just above the weeds. About 60% of the fish were caught using the grub. Beside the largemouth bass, I caught a couple rock bass and 4-5 small perch. The highlight of the day was an 18” largemouth caught on the grub. I didn’t get a tow from the fish because I was anchored at the time. I don’t have a lot of confidence in those little jig hooks, but it held this fish. These fish were in the middle of the lake today. In a kayak, early weekday mornings are the only time I feel safe being in the middle of a lake that allows power boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment