About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Monday, July 20, 2009

6 Pounder at Red Cedar Lake Lebanon CT

It is a good thing that I am a morning person. For the last week the fishing is mostly over by 9am. I do enjoy being up before the birds start chirping and watching the skyline turn pink, yellow and then full daylight. Today I went to Red Cedar Lake in Lebanon, CT. I didn't catch a fish for the first hour and then I caught a 17" bass. The next cast I got one even bigger. He took me for a long ride in my kayak and I had to pull him out from under a underwater stump. But the bass was 21" inches long and had a 16.5 in girth. According to the formula the fish weighed 6 pounds. I "only" caught 11 fish for the day, but I did catch two more 15" bass before I quit for the day. All but one small perch were caught on the Yamamoto Senko. This year, it seems like I am advertising for Gary Yamamoto, but the darn things work.

No comments:

Post a Comment