About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Monday, July 25, 2011

Colchester Area Fishing July 18th


This was a very hot week, with temperatures in the 90's every day. I fished Red Cedar Lake, Amston Lake, Powers Lake and Savin Pond. Fishing was less than average with no big fish caught.
Matt and I fished Red Cedar. We fished from 5:30 to about 10am. He caught 10 and I caught 13 fish. Almost all the fish I caught while using the Baby Bass Senko fished wacky style.
Amston Lake fishing was good. I caught 19 fish with a combination of senkos. By 9am they weren't hitting the senkos so I started fishing deep with jigs. I usually don't have much luck with deep water, but this day was different. I caught 8 more fish bouncing the jig on the bottom.
On Saturday I went to Powers Lake. I had 3 bites right in a row witht the baby bass and promptly lost it on the 3 bite due to a faulty knot. Tying a bad not was bad enough, but I was really upset with myself when I discoverd that was my last baby bass, I forgot to restock them. It gets worse, they would hit any other senko I had. They wouldn't hit the spinner bait either, so I went to the jigs and caught 9 with that. Most were 6-8 in bass. The biggest fish was a 16" pickerel.
Sunday I went to Savin Pond and did not do very well. I caught 5 small largemouth and a 15" pickerel. I sure hope this heat wave breaks soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment