About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Colchester Area Fishing July 11th Week


Good weather for fishing this week. On Monday Matt and I went to Lake Williams. It was the first fishing trip of the year for Matt and he made the most of it. He caught the first fish of the day and had a real hot streak going with a red senko. At one point he had 7 fish to my 3, but when they stopped hitting the red, he lost momentum. Matt ended up with 9 bass and I caught 16. I got the biggest fish, a 2lb 14oz bass.

On Wednesday I went to Red Cedar Lake and caught 16 bass, pickerel and perch. I have been trying out the crank bait lures and they accounted for the perch and pickerel. Most of the bass were caught on the smoke senko, but none of the bass were big.

Friday was the day I went to Amston Lake. Using a mix of senkos I caught 24 small to medium bass. They were not interested in the crank bait lures.

Sunday was spent on Powers Lake, it was very crowded. There were at least 6 fishing boats/kayaks there besides mine. The fishing wasn't very good, all I caught was 7 small fish using crank baits and senkos. After a week of use, I am going to put the crank baits away and try deep jigs and spinner baits next week. As the summer is really starting to heat up I need to go into deeper water.

No comments:

Post a Comment