About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fishing Pickerel Lake July 7 2010


Matt and I went fishing at Pickerel Lake on Wednesday morning. I only caught 6 fish and Matt caught 2. One of the bass was 22" long and another was 17". As usual I was dropping senkos as my primary bait, but later on I was having better luck with a hooked tail worm on a jig.

I have been using "O" rings on my senkos and they have saved me a lot of money on senkos. Last year I would sometimes loose a senko on the first fish I caught. Now I can catch 5-10 fish on each. I slide the ring around the worm every time I catch a fish or change it to spread out the wear on the worm. There have been a few occasions when a fish has managed to pull the worm through the ring without me hooking them. I like to think those were pretty good sized fish to be able to do that.

We had to quit early due to a dentist appointment. Too bad, I think we could have caught more fish that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment