About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Uncas Lake


I just fished Uncas Lake in Lyme, CT for the first time. After putting my kayak in the water from the launch I fished the west side of the lake. It started out as a shallow rocky bottom, but soon turned into deep (10’+) water with steep banks. There are some weeds in the lake and a lot of submerged trees from the bank, so I hooked my plastic for weedless. The weather was 60 degrees with a 10-15 mph wind coming across the lake, so the conditions were not ideal. I tried my usual assortment of worms without success. Another fisherman on the lake said that he was going home after catching 2 perch. I changed to fluke bait and slowly started to catch fish. I have only fished fluke a handful of times, but it was what they wanted. From 7 – 8pm I found a fluke and a presentation they liked and caught 5 fish. All told, in about 4 hours I caught 7 largemouth from 9 – 13” long. I like the lake and will go back again. It has clean water, good cover for the fish and no motorboats are allowed on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment