About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Friday, August 12, 2011

Cochester area fishing w/o August 1


This week I went to Amston Lake, WIlliams Lake, Powers Lake and Red Cedar Lake. At Amston Lake I caught a lot of fish, 24 to be exact, but all were small. Have you noticed that some days it seems like only the big or medium or small fish are biting? On this day t was all the 6 -10 inch fish and a lot of tails bit off the grubs.
The next day I went to Lake Williams and I had a great day with big fish. I caught (4) 2 pound bass and a 4 pound 12 oz largemouth as well. All the big fish were caught in the weeds with senkos and I got a bunch on the way back with spinner bait, all told I landed 21 fish.
Matt and I fished Powers Lake with some success. The lake seem to be the same depth as Williams, without the cover. They don't seem to be very interested in Senkos and we caught almost all the fish on lures and spinners. Matt worked on catching as many sunfish as he could and caught 13 sunfish and small bass. I used bigger bait stuff and caught 10 fish. All mine were small except for a monster bass that hit a crank bait and weighed out at 5 pounds 2 ounces.
On Saturday I had to be home by 10 so I went to Red Cedar Lake. It is small enough for me to fish it well in 3-4 hours. I caught 11 fish with two 2 pound fish. For some reason I am not doing as well this year at Red Cedar. I think it is getting fished pretty heavily this year. I have seen the same groups of fishermen there multiple times during my trips there. So I assume they are fishing there a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment