About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fishing Pickerel Lake August 15 2010

I had a couple of hours between appointments this morning and went fishing. The surface temperature at Pickerel Lake was around 59 degrees but the water temperature was still warm. The fishing was slow and I caught 5 fish by 9am when I had to quit.I caught 3 bass of average/small size, a 21" pickerel. The last fish weighed 5 lb 9 oz and was a bullhead or catfish. I don't know how to tell the difference. It really put up a good 5 minute fight and took me for a ride. It took 4 minutes before I got the fish to the surface and even then, it was hard to see in the murky water. That fish made getting up at 5am worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment