About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Friday, September 18, 2009

What I Have Learned


When I was first approached about writing on a blog site I had the usual first response, “What do I write about?” I got the usual response, “You’re a Realtor, write what you have learned.” Well I did learn a lot of stuff to get the Realtor’s license and I am still learning every day on how to do the job well. But in 50 years, I’ve learned a lot of other stuff.

I have learned that the danger involved in knocking down a white faced hornets nest is only slightly lessened when you do it at night.

I have learned that when someone says we need to talk, it's going to be a bad day.

I have learned that putting a climbing tree stand on a tree with poison oak can make you sick.

I have learned that putting a climbing tree stand on a smooth barked tree is not a good idea.

I have learned that taking a nap in a tree stand is a very, very bad idea.

I have learned that when a girlfriend says you don’t want to know what’s wrong, you really, really don’t want to know.

I have learned that when your car engine overheats, it is NOT a good idea to open the radiator cap to see if there is any coolant in there.

I have learned that there are some girls you don’t walk away from, you run as fast as you can.

I have learned that it is hard to hold a pickerel and they have a LOT of sharp teeth.

I have learned that you don’t hunt with people who find out if their safety is on, by pulling the trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment