About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Monday, June 8, 2009

Free Fishing In Mass, Vermont and New York State

Sunday, June 7th may son and I went to Massachusetts to fish. Massachusetts, Vermont and New York all have weekends in June that you can fish without having to buy a fishing license. Last weekend was for Mass., Vermont is June 13th/14th and New York is the 27th/28th. I decided to fish for largemouth bass at Littleville Dam on the Middle Branch of the Westfield River. We got there late (about 8am) and the wind really started kicking up at 9am, so we missed the peak fishing time. I haven’t fished here in 20 years, so it took a while to get going, we didn’t catch a fish for 3 hours. We finally found some small bass (8-9”) in a flat area 2-3’ feet deep. We ended up catching 10 fish on my favorite swimsenko.

No comments:

Post a Comment