About Me

My photo
Realtor, USCG, Motorola, Colchester Youth Soccer, Bass Fishing, Kayaking, Halloween

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fishing Lake Haywood




Today I fished Red Cedar Lake (Lebanon, CT) and Lake Haywood (Colchester, CT). I started off at Red Cedar and caught 14 fish, one was 18”, and the rest were small. Most of the fish were caught using a Berkley Gulp Goby fishing the edge of the lake. Most of the fish were under the overhanging tree limbs. I got drenched by a 15 minute downpour that the Weather Channel did not see coming.

I went home, changed my cloths, ate some lunch and rechecked the weather forecast. That’s when I decided to fish Lake Haywood. This was my first trip there this year. It is a big lake, deep, very clean, electric motors only and the weather cleaned up nice with a light breeze. I usually catch 5-6 fish when I fish there, but today I caught 16 fish in 4 hours, mostly on the goby and swimsenko. The bass were all 12-15” but they were very energetic. Every one I hooked jumped out of the water, 4 or 5 jumped and spit the worm out.



Goby(s)



No comments:

Post a Comment